Sooo, I was very late to the party but I started June by finally catching Covid and having to cancel my birthday plans. I normally don’t do anything to celebrate so of course the one year I decided to have a small gathering I’m unable to.
Thankfully, the month improved fast as I finally got to start my internship at the library! I’ve been fighting for this to happen since last October so when I finally got the green light, I couldn’t believe it at all. So far it’s been great. Everyone has been nice and I’ve really been enjoying the tasks I’ve been assigned and everything I’ve been learning. I was slightly scared to mess up at first but the users have been nothing but welcoming. Obviously, there has been a few mishaps, but truly nothing major.
My reading, however, has taken a bit of a dip in the time it’s taken me to adapt to the new routine. However, I did really enjoy the two books I managed to squeeze in this month.
Finally, just a heads-up for next month. I need to get my master’s thesis ready to hand in to my tutor by the end of July and I’m also starting a full-time job on top of my internship. So, if I suddenly disappear, that’s why.
What I Read
Hell Followed with Us by Andrew Joseph White
This book took me almost a month to complete, and not because I wasn’t liking it. I think I started the month in a bit of a slump, but this book was really interesting and enjoyable.
I wrote a whole review for it HERE alongside a playlist that I’m way to proud of!
Book Lovers by Emily Henry
After months of my friend and basically the entire internet praising Emily Henry books, I finally read one. This was my first of her books and it’s safe to say that I’ll be reading more of Emily Henry’s work. I had a blast listening to this audiobook and I was also very grateful for having to wear a mask in the bus, because I was smiling like a fool throughout.
What I Wrote
I managed to post pretty regularly this month despite all the stuff going on. I did skip the last Friday of the month, which made me sad since I had that post almost ready, but some last minute stuff came up and I didn’t have time to finish it properly. Despite that, I had quite a lot of fun with my posts this month. Here are my highlights:
- Unread Books I Own: It was fun to go through my physical TBR and talk about why they are still unread.
- Book Recommendations Based on My Chemical Romance Songs: Absolute peak self-indulgence, but we already know these are my favourite posts to write.
- Can We Love a Book Written by a Bad Person?: I’d be wanting to post this for a long time, and I finally did!
Blog Posts I Loved
I did absolutely terrible at blog-hopping this month but I did still manage to read a few posts here and there, and these are the ones I loved the most!
- Secrets of a Public Librarian #1 by Zalia @ All My Other Lives
- What I Look for in a Book Review by Krysta @ Pages Unbound
- LGBTQIA+ Books with Disability Rep♿️🏳️🌈 by Hal @ HD’s Reading Life
- how book blogging has impacted my reading: an analysis by Ellyn @ allonsythornraxx
- ARC Review: Hell Followed With Us by Saima @ stories with saima
- Sabrina’s 2022 Mid-Year Reading Goals Check In by Sabrina @ Wordy and Whimsical
- Unpopular Opinion Alert: The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake Was a Major Letdown by Naemi @ A Book Owl’s Corner
- Review: I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston by Lay @ bookshelfsoliloquies
Did you read a lot this month? What were your favourite books this June?